Taking images with 3D reconstruction in mind is quite different from just taking images of an infrastructure and will need some practice before you nail it.
We have created a small guide to help you understand the concepts and requirements.
Most importantly is the following:
- There must be overlap between the images and all images must be connected (No holes between areas for a single inspection)
- Overlap is recommended to be 60-80% for best quality
- The angles between each image must not be larger than 15 degrees. Meaning that a minimum of 6 images should be taken around corners of a building of 90 degrees.
- Images must be in good consistent quality. Not over/under-exposed and blurry. Lock the exposure if possible to ensure that colors are not changing to much.
- Do not change zoom level between images. Use a fixed focal length in case you have zoom available.
- Include as much ground as possible and have both the structure and background in focus.